Friday, March 27, 2009

Taper was forced on!

Last weekend the plan was to bash myself but social events hampered it a bit, but with an early start on sat I got in 58km on the road bike, then an arvo of lawn bowl trying not to strain a muscle.

Sunday started at 530am with a run around red hand cave track, and it was very dark as there was complete cloud cover, i felt very alone as i headed up a gorge, just me and my light.
Then on to the bike (MTB) for a ride up and down the oaks with geo team mates, I was late from my run so the team mates had 5-6min head start up the track so the chase was on once I got changed and fuelled up, the body felt good after the 1hr10min run. so a charged long catching them just through a gate, then cruised with them and towed on team mate up most hills. And got I a hill repeat coming out of the gorge.

The ride was made more interesting as my bike was serviced late last week, this being the first ride back on it, and it did not miss a beat for the first 2hrs, then the cable started to slip through on my rear derailleur resulting in me losing my bottom 3 gears, not ideal for towing. But it pushed the legs more!

Monday started poorly after some dodgy food, got to the pool, started to circulate and tryed to keep dinner down. Gastro hit hard and really rocked my cage for 3 days of this week, i was sleeping 11hrs each night, with now (Friday) i am just starting to feel normal again. So rest tomorrow and then race Sunday.

Week totals:
Run 13
Road 58
Mtb 53
Swim 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

where is this going?