Monday, March 30, 2009

Visualisation is the key!


I sat focused, I will win, I will win, visualising walking up to collect my prize, ‘126’ was called it was me!!! Spot prize yes! second to last draw but you must have faith. Well that was how the day ended. Stoked as that was all I was here for the rest is minor details.

5am the alarm went, time to eat and start hydrating, and the drive to Wisemans ferry (1hr30min). Body was feeling good, nerves starting and think they won on the day as I kept drinking and eating too close to the race resulting in uncomfortable racing.

Off in the in the swim, with the new goggles, brilliant, I could see without fog! settled in and slowly pulled through the bunch to come out 4th in main wave, 7.33mins, as i came out I realised Dr Phil was leaning on me the whole swim, rubbing arms as he battled to keep straight, whilst someone else keep grabbing my feet.

Transition was poor as I opted for lace up riding shoes (as I figured we would be pushing bikes) and had to pull on a shirt so all in tri suits and velcro shoes streamed passed.

The ride started well along the flats and started heading up the big hill which we were about to climb 3 times on the course. Up the first section my gut turned and almost lost breakfast. So this slowed me until the top, and by this stage I was pushing the bike and the loose rocks on the climb made it hard to ride. Over the top and the brakes came off and flew down pass all that went past on the climb as triathletes tried to cope with mountain biking, but when to pass one and pulled to the right where a big water rut was, the bike stood on end as I just caught myself. Then away on some great single track as you danced each side of the stream but each time I was held up a I caught up other riders. A short blatt on the flats to finish the first of 3 loops. At the end of the second loop I was starting to settle into my work and wanted another and I was starting to wind people in and gut calmed down.

Transition again was slow but smooth, and felt comfortable from the start along the banks of the river and up the steps, therefore began to open the stride. I pushed on with a very happy result after 2 laps.

Swim 500m 7.33mins
Ride 17km 1.04.54
Run 6km 27.51
16th overall, 7 in category

No comments:

Post a Comment

where is this going?